Pages

Friday, July 7, 2017

A 'Heartland' barn!

This is clean, simple & sooooo cute!!  I love the way this card turned out!!  It is totally a Susie card. 

This barn is so cool & is from the stamp set called- 'Heartland'.  The heart & the words are from the stamp set called- 'Wood Words'.  
The barn is so detailed......and even very neat here when I didn't even color it in.  
I did sponge around the edges of the stamped images to give it an older or aged look.   

With me being a farm girl, this stamp set was one of my favorites the first time I looked at the new Annual Catalog.

You can see another card that I made using this stamp set by CLICKING HERE!  
I used the tractor stamp & made this card for Deke's birthday last month!  Be sure to check it out!  It is super cute too!  And I colored it with the Watercolor Pencils & ink pads!
Did you notice the Wood Textures DSP (6x6 stack), as it coordinates perfectly along the edge here.

Check out how the card opens up!  

stamp sets:  'Heartland' & 'Wood Words'
card stock:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
designer paper:  Wood Textures DSP (6x6 stack)
ink:  Early Espresso
other:  Linen Thread, Sponge, Classic Label Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 1/2" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dot

Everyone joining me for my July monthly stamp classes will be making a card similar to this one!  I will post that card later this month. 
+++++++
We had all of the 5 boys here last night to play outside, eat supper, go to the park, have ice cream, watch a movie & then we had a sleep over on our family room floor!  I know I was beat last night.......think they were too once they finally gave in. 

Today Deke is off early to chore, as he has an early meeting in Des Moines to attend with our County Engineer.  He'll then come home & work on the farm the rest of the afternoon/evening.

I'll spend my morning with the boys, take Brayden to Open Gym & then take the boys home.  The rest of my day I'll be getting all of my bookwork (farm & stamping) caught up on, running errands & packing!  I have LOTS to do!!!  My list is huge!

Tomorrow (Saturday) morning early Deke & I leave for our Stampin Up! trip & we are heading to Thailand!  YIKES!  We are dreading the super LONG flight & the hot weather there.  But we are looking forward to seeing many of our friends, spending the time with each other & learning the many new things that Stampin' Up! has to share with us!  So I'll have lots to share with you when we get back home!

I have tons to get done in the next few hours & we probably won't even go to bed tonight.  We'll just catch up on our sleep on the long plane ride! We don't get to Thailand until early Monday morning.  So we have many upcoming hours to spend in different airports & on planes in the next couple of days!  

I will post on my blog again tomorrow morning before we leave, but I will not be posting anything until we return home again.  I am not going to be taking my lap top with me on this trip.  We won't have any cell phones (no calls or texting) & no email either.  So there will be alot for both of us to catch up with when we get home.   We'll be hitting the ground running!

Gotta run now too......
I hope you have a FABULOUS Friday!
Until tomorrow......
Happy Stamping!
HUGS!
SUSIE 

No comments:

Post a Comment