Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

'Half Full'

Check it out......didn't this card turn out cute!  This is one of the cards everyone joining me for one of my October monthly classes will be making!!  

And it is a fun fold card too! 

My dear demonstrator friend, Linda Bauwin designed this stamp set for her Million Dollar Achiever set.  She did an awesome presentation, using her (this) stamp set, when we were in Thailand in July.  For years, Deke & I have always spent time with Linda & her husband (Jay) when we go on Stampin' Up! trips.  And we both think so much of both of them.  Jay passed away about 1 1/2 years ago (right after we had just seen him at convention).  So be sure you look closely at the stamp set, the wine bottle has the year 1975 on it.  That is the year that Linda & Jay were married.  Isn't that just pretty darn special !!!  I know it brought tears to my eyes when Linda told us this. 

This 'Half Full' stamp set is in the Holiday Catalog on page 42.  Be sure you check it out!  I knew when I first saw it that I just had to have it! It is a great stamp set!
The middle is the actual card that flips up.  Check it out when it opened up!
My inspiration for creating this card actually came from Linda too.  She gave me a White, Wisteria Wonder & Black card with the grapes stamped on it & the wine glasses.....so I totally changed the layout & things, added some Old Olive.......and I just love the way it turned out- don't you!
 
stamp sets:  'Half Full' & 'Tuscan Vineyard'
card stock:  Wisteria Wonder, Basic Black, Old Olive, Whisper White
ink:  Archival Basic Black
marker:  Wisteria Wonder
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Stitched Framelits (oval), Watercolor Pencils (Old Olive), Blender Pen, Everyday Label Punch, Black Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Fine Tip Glue
++++++
Yesterday was a busy & fun day with the kids.  The twins didn't have school, so they got to spend the day with us.  I enjoyed them & we did craft things most of the morning.  They were so excited when Papa got home from the courthouse at noon, so they could take turns riding with him in the tractor.  
 
When the kids left last night, Manda & I ran to pick up pumpkins.  And I went to the grocery store & Dollar General.  I came home & worked on stamping stuff for awhile & finally called it a night.  
 
This morning I'm off to take the boys to school & then spend my day with Trey, Masen & Ainslee.  Tonight Susie's Hair Hut is open to give Nathan a quick hair cut.  Then Nathan & I are working on the farm helping Deke sort hogs in the outside lot.  When I get in from the farm, I'll be working on stamping stuff!
 
Gotta run.......
I hope you have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment