Pages

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

A sliding 'Barn Door'!

OH my gosh......Here is a sliding barn door card that I made!  Oh it is so stinkin' cute!!!! 

The door rails & the bar above the door, are just Big Shot images that are for looks only.  They do not make the card slide.  They just make it look more realistic!  I used the double slit framelit to make the sliding track areas for the washers to slide in.

This sliding door card is super easy to do!  You can check out a Stampin' Up! u tube video on how to make this by- CLICKING HERE!
Check out the cluster of hearts that I put on the other side of the door.

I purchased #6 washers at our local hardware store & sandwiched them with one of mini dimensionals between them to make the slider!  NOTE:  You will need 8 total washers to use for just this one card. 
stamp set: 'Barn Door', 'Perennial Birthday' (for the inside words) & 'Always & Forever' (heart cluster) card stock:  Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
ink:  Archival Basic Black
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Sliding Door Framelits Dies, 1/8" Real Red Ribbon, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Cookie Cutter Builder Punch (little heart hanging on the Hello sign), mini dimensionals, 8- #6 washers from the local hardware store
+++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with snow, kids & stamping!  I'm ready for SPRING to say the least.  We have piles & piles of snow with more on it's way. 

I'm not sure what today will bring.  Drake wasn't feeling well last night.  I'm off to walk & then head in to town to get the boys.  I'll take Brody (& maybe Drake too) to school & then spend my day with the other kids.  And we might be going to the dr???  We'll see.

Deke is off early to chore & head to the courthouse to spend the morning at his office there.

Tonight I'll be stamping! 
I hope you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment