Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

Double 'Barn Door'

Check out these double barn doors!!  I think this card is super cute!!

Wow- what a cool stamp set this is!!  I was in love with it the first time I looked at the Occasions Catalog & just couldn't wait to find time to play with it!  And oh I've been having fun creating with it!!  I made 3 different cards using this stamp set.   They are all the same colors, but totally different layouts!  I'll be posting the others sometime soon for you to see too!

This card opens the double doors from in the front center!  Isn't it cute!!! 
Check out the hinges!!!  All of the barn doors we have on our farm have hinges, so  I made these using the middle triangle cut out from the hello frame, that I have hanging on the door.  It worked perfectly!!  Look at how I did that from the photos I have posted below.

Note: I had to cut 4 of these separately to get the 4 different hinges.
stamp set: 'Barn Door' & 'Perennial Birthday' (for the inside words)
card stock:  Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
ink:  Archival Basic Black
other:  Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Sliding Door Framelits Dies, 1/8" Real Red Ribbon, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Cookie Cutter Builder Punch (little heart hanging on the Hello sign),
Here is the inside of the card!!  
++++++++
Yesterday was a long & busy day!!  I was beat when I finally got home last night.  I enjoyed my day stamping with everyone that joined me for my monthly N. Liberty class.  Denise was a great hostess, with lots of yummy snacks.  Everyone made 6 super cute cards!!  And it was a fun time with friends!  

Last night we went to Nathan & Sarah's for super & to watch the Super Bowl.  I crashed when we got home.  

This morning Deke is up early to chore & head to the office for his weekly board meeting.  I'm up early to walk & then head to town to go get the boys.  There is no school today, so I'll spend my day home with all of the kids.  Drake wants to make Valentines!!  So I'm sure we'll keep busy crafting!  Especially if we went up getting the predicted snow that is headed our way!  

Tonight Deke has a meeting in Fairfield....so after the kids all go home I plan to cut card stock & work on getting things ready for the other 4 monthly classes that I have coming up yet this week!  

I hope you have a MARVELOUS Monday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment