Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2018

'Southern Serenade'

This is a card that everyone joining this week/weekend to stamp for my monthly April classes will be making!  I think it turned out so pretty!  I forget how much I love coloring & using Watercolor Paper.  I need to use it more often.  It is just wonderful to work with!  And I love how the colors just blend into it!

To make this card I used the pretty 'Southern Serenade' stamp set on page 49 in the Occasions Catalog.  This stamp set is carrying over & it will be available in the NEW Annual Catalog that starts on June 1st.

Check out the neat brick link designer paper that I used.  It is from the Painted with Love Specialty Designer Paper on page 19 in the Occasions Catalog.

How did I do it?
  • I stamped the flowers/stamps onto Watercolor Paper, using the Black Memento Ink pad.
  • I colored the image by squished the lids of the Sweet Sugarplum & Wild Wasbi ink pads, picking the ink up off the lid top & coloring it with an Aqua Painter.  
  • I used my Wink of Stella over the top of the flowers & added a few Pearls too to add some bling!

stamp sets:  'Southern Serenade' & 'A Good Day'
card stock:
  • Sweet Sugarplum-  5 1/2 x 8 1/2"; 2 3/4 x 3 3/4"; 2" strip- RETIRING
  • Berry Burst-  5 x 3 3/4"; 2" strip
  • Watercolor Paper- 2 1/2 x 3 1/2"
  • Whisper White- 4x 5 1/4" for inside of the card
designer paper:  Painted with Love Specialty DSP- RETIRING
ink:  Black Memento, Sweet Sugarplum-RETIRING, Wild Wasbi- RETIRING
other:  Delicate White Doily-RETIRING, 1 3/8" Scalloped Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Berry Burst Crinkled Ribbon- RETIRING, Pearls, Aqua Painter, Dimensionals, Glue Dot
+++++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day with kids.  We then went to Brayden's soccer game last night (& his team won!).  We came home & I burnt the midnight oil stamping!  

This morning we are up early at 4:30 to mark, sort & load hogs.  Later this morning we'll go watch Brody, Drake & Brayden play soccer.  I'll then come home & spend the rest of my day & night stamping!!  I've been creating for my upcoming Spring Fling that is next weekend!!  I have lots to finish up this week!  But I have some neat projects that I'll be sharing later next week! 

I've gotta run.......I hope you have a super Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment