Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2018

WOW- the NEW 2018-2020 In Colors!!

Oh wow- here is a card I made for a class last week to show off the NEW 20180-2020 In Colors!!  

This card has something old & something new both used on it!

The layout is a weave that my demonstrator friend LeeAnn shared.  When I saw the layout I knew then that I was going to use it with the New In Colors. And I sure think this card turned out so cute!

This layout is a great way to use up your 1/2" scraps!  Are you a saver or a thrower?  If you are a saver- you are set to go!  If you are a thrower, you'll just have to cut some 1/2" strips to weave!
The 'Stylized Birthday' stamp set here is RETIRING!  It is a single stamp!  And it is such a great stamp!  I have used it alot & I'll miss it!  It was my "go to stamp" when I needed a larger birthday font.

The stars came from the 'Confetti Celebration' stamp set & it is RETIRING too!  I also used the words from this stamp set in the inside of the card too.  Again- this is a favorite stamp set of mine that I'll miss.  I have sure used it alot over the years! 

The stitching along the In Color strips I did was super easy!  I just used my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker and free handed it. 

So which is your favorite NEW In Color?  I like them all!  I am honestly probably the most excited though about the Blueberry Bushel, as we really need a blue card stock like this!
  • Call Me Clover- green
  • Blueberry Bushel- blue
  • Pineapple Punch- yellow
  • Grapefruit Grove- peach
  • Lovely Lipstick-red
Here are the supplies & the measurments that I used-
 
stamp set:  'Stylized Birthday' & 'Confetti Celebration'- BOTH are RETIRING!
card stock:
  • Grapefruit Grove- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2- fold in half for card base- NEW
  • Grapefruit Grove- 1/2 x 5 1/2" strip- NEW
  • Call Me Clover- 1/2 x 5 1/2" strip- NEW
  • Blueberry Bushel- 1/2 x 5 1/2" strip-NEW
  • Pineapple Punch- 1/2 x 5 1/2" strip- NEW
  • Lovely Lipstick- 1/2 x 5 1/2" strip- NEW
  • Basic Black- 5 1/8 x 3 7/8"
  • Whisper White- 2 3/4" strip- cut out circle
  • Whisper White- 5 x 3 3/4"- for outside of card
  • Whisper White- 5 x 3 3/4"- for inside of card
ink:  Archival Basic Black- RETIRING!
marker:  Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
other: Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Stitched Framelits (Large Circle), Dimensionals

+++++++++++
Yesterday was a busy day!!  It started out with all 6 kids!  We made it to school, just as the first bell was ringing.  I then came home & spent my day with the 3 little ones.  The weather was chilly, wet & windy- so we didn't get to play outside much.  We did go out for a bit in the afternoon & had my niece, Stephanie, her husband, Chris & their 2 kids- Katie & Henry, here to visit & play with the boys.  It was WONDERFUL to get to see them, as we hadn't seen them for almost a whole year, as they live in Pennsylvania. 

Manda picked up her 3 boys after she got off of work.  And we had Masen & Ainslee here for the evening with us.  After we took the kids home I picked up toys, answered a few emails , did my post & called it a night.  

This morning we are up early & off for a busy day!!  I'm cooking food & getting ready to head out the door to my sister Beckie's.  We are having a Mother's Day brunch with my side of the family this morning.  We are also squeezing in a couple of soccer games too.  Then tonight we will have supper with Deke's family, so we can all get to see some of our Pennsylvania family that is here visiting.  

I hope you have a SPECIAL Saturday!!
Happy Stamping!
Hugs-
SUSIE

No comments:

Post a Comment